Job Title :
Women's Head Basketball Coach
GENERAL SUMMARY: This position is responsible for leading all aspects of the Women's
Basketball Program for student-athletes which include coaching, mentoring, guiding and training
student-athletes who are highly skilled in their sport. Athletic programs are expected to align with the
Colorado Northwestern Community College and Athletic Department mission and vision.
The incumbent shall be able to demonstrate the ability to lead a successful sports program at the
collegiate level. Duties to be fulfilled such as but not limited to:
- Demonstrating the ability to administer NJCAA Division I intercollegiate program including
recruiting, scheduling, fund raising, budgeting, travel, practice planning and maintaining player
- Ability to coach, teach and train student-athletes in skills and strategies related to competition;
- Capability to instruct students in how to be academically successful including academic advising.
- Demonstrating the ability to mentor, maintain discipline, respect and standards of behavior;
- Fulfilling other responsibilities in the Athletics Department based on coaches skill set, the needs of
the Department, team sharing approach, and assisting in game day management requirements.
- Must report all incidents, whether directly or indirectly, that you become aware regarding Civil Rights,
which includes all sexual misconduct incidences, to the Equal Opportunity / Title IX Coordinator for
- Oversee weight training specific to basketball.
- Maintain the level of discipline, respect, and standards of behavior while mentoring student / athletes
- Utilize excellent communication skills with team players and the Athletic Director.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written professional communication skills.
- Know, understand, and follow NJCAA and the Region XVIII Scenic West Athletic Conference rules